If you apply online for a position with J Sainsbury plc ("Sainsbury's", which also includes Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd, Sainsbury's Bank plc, Sainsbury's Argos Asia and any other Sainsbury's companies relevant to your application), we will use the information you provide to assist in the selection process and as set out below. Sainsbury's may also seek additional information from other sources, for example, by using your references in the final stages of the recruitment process.
Information provided on the application form and any information obtained from other sources will be retained in all cases in hard copy format and/or electronically only for as long as is required for the purposes of:
• the administration of your application
• consideration for roles in the future (you will be notified separately if your application details will be retained for this purpose and provided with the opportunity to request deletion)
• forming the basis of your employment records, if your application is successful
• discharging any legal or regulatory requirements
• contacting you in relation to your application or your future employment (this could be by email, post or SMS)
The Equality, Diversity & Inclusion information you provide will be held separately from your application form, this will be used for monitoring purposes and validating the fairness of our tests.
By submitting your application online you will be giving your consent to Sainsbury's to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above. If there hasn’t been activity on your candidate profile for 18 months, your data will automatically be deleted, should you want your details removed before this time you can deactivate your account in your candidate profile. Please note doing so will withdraw all active applications.
Should you wish to see a copy of the information held by Sainsbury's which you have provided as part of your application for employment, this information will be provided within 40 days of receipt of your request. Any request should be made in writing to Sainsbury’s Data Protection Officer at Sainsbury’s Argos Asia Ltd, 27th floor, Standard Chartered Tower Millenium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
By clicking 'I Accept', you are confirming you have read and accept the above.